Wednesday, October 31, 2018
1ClickFactory has just released the Upgrade Analyzer at Directions EMEA 2018 during our ISV session. A true gamechanger, the Upgrade Analyzer will not only make upgrades to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central easier. It’ll also let you analyze and configure endless upgrade scenarios to fit the exact needs of your customers. So, what can you expect from this unique new online service?
The benefits of using the Upgrade Analyzer
Almost all Microsoft Partners know the struggle of calculating the cost to upgrade their customers to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. With this online tool, you can easily size the customer’s upgrade for FREE.
We know what we’re talking about – with over 500 upgrade projects, we’ve identified the most expensive parts of an upgrade: customizations, add-ons, reports and the number of versions that need to be upgraded. With the Upgrade Analyzer, you can minimize the costs and only choose the upgrade components that your customer requires.
The free Upgrade Analyzer asks for only key information and a .fob file to prepare the analysis, saving your efforts and time. It also allows you to:
- Save weeks of efforts recalculating and redoing the upgrade proposals
- Upgrade more customers without hiring extra resources
- Get a fixed upgrade project price taking the risk out of the investment
- Shorten upgrade time with automated tools and tested processes, which lead to consistent high quality
- Upgrade the way you want: upgrade all functionality, partial functionality, clean start or re-implementation, to Events or Extensions
- Analyze add-on upgrade actions and reports in real-time to check the impact on the price
- Review different options to compare and show to your customer for a discussion
- Analyze and configure different options without involving the technical team
- Involve the technical team only when you’ve identified the right option
There are many different roads to Business Central. With our new online Upgrade Analyzer service, you can become a better advisor and help your customer make smarter decisions.
How does the Upgrade Analyzer work?
First, you upload the .fob file on the 1ClickFactory Partner Portal (start with the "Request upgrade service" button from the upgrade page) and in 5 business days you will get access to the Upgrade Analyzer. You will get an email notification about the service being available. Then, to analyze, you will:
- Choose an upgrade option. Examine out-of-the-box upgrade options, review the included components and compare their price.
- Configure the upgrade components. Review the price per service, add and remove other components.
- Review and adjust scope details. Review scope comments, add-on upgrade actions, access add-on configurator to review all the add-ons in the current solution, add-on upgrade and data migration actions and add-on availability for the upgrade project. Configure add-on actions and check how they affect the price of each upgrade option.
- Ready with your upgrade configuration? Choose “Get proposal” to receive a proposal document for your review together with commitment from 1ClickFactory on the upgrade service delivery for a fixed price.
Throughout your journey we’ll be there to help you out. You can also view the 1ClickFactory Upgrade Analyzer video for the step by step guidance. Any questions? Refer to tips indicated with ?, use the live chat or email us at email@example.com.
What are the 5 ways to reduce costs when upgrading? Read more here.